Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Name of the Game

Hello there,

The goal of this blog is to chronicle the last 3 months of my training for the June 4th Warrior Dash.

For those of you who have never heard of it, Warrior Dash is a 3.1 mile race with around 13 obstacles ranging anywhere from jumping over fire to crawling in a mud-pit with barbed-wire overhead. Currently there are over 20,000 participants signed up for this crazy adventure in Ohio alone.

As far as about me; I'm in my mid-twenties and I work a full-time desk-job for a living. I also enjoy rehabbing homes in my spare time, and would like to do that for a living if given the opportunity. As far as running experience, I ran collegiate track for a few years but have since been out of it for around 5 years. I have given myself only 5 months of training to get back into the game and be a top competitor in this adventure race.

As far as my training, I spent a few weeks developing workouts and combining/modifying others. My workout plan is a mixture of cross-fit, interval workouts and circuit training. Wish me luck on my adventure as I keep you posted on my progress!

Check out more details about the race HERE.

-Osmosis

No comments:

Post a Comment