Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 9 Day 5

Welcome back fellow Warrior Dash competitors. 

The workout:

I modified the Crossfit Hero workout “Daniel” into something that might help me out a little more for the Warrior Dash 5K.

The normal workout is supposed to be:

50 pull-ups
400M run
21 thrusters
800M run
21 thrusters
400M run
50 pull-ups

I changed it to:

25 burpees
400M run
30 kettlebell swings
800M run
30 kettlebell swings
400M run
25 burpees

I took a 3 min rest and did it again.

This workout was absolutely brutal.  It was the first time I have finished a workout in the last 3 months (or 5 years for that matter) that I literally couldn’t stand after completing.  My legs just gave out from under me.  This is one of those workouts that you just think “wow, this is torture” but you keep going.

I’ll post my total time and my 400/800 times as soon as I bring my binder in from my car.

Update:

Round 1:
400M - 1:16.73
800M - 2:45.95
400M - 1:16.33

Round 2:
400M - 1:24.46
800M - 2:56.42
400M -1:19.54
The meals:

Breakfast!


I completely spaced on my body comp test this morning and ate a HUGE breakfast and put WAY too much milk in my protein shake.  I’ll post those results as soon as I get them as well.

Update:

Looks like the results are good.  My last body comp test was 11/22/10.  So this testing period included all of the winter holidays.  I went from 9.0% body fat to 7.4% for a loss of 18% of my total body fat.  I also lost 4 pounds of fat and gained 1 pound of muscle.  I also lost 11mm's according to the 7-site skin-fold caliper test. 

Tonight’s workout:

Baron.  This is a workout I created to help me build up to my current workouts.  I decided to bring it back today so I could gauge my improvement so far.

How I feel today:

I’m feeling motivated for the Warrior Dash.  I went to the Arnold over the weekend and it was nice to see some real athletes competing in the Crossfit competitions.  Yes, it was a freak show at the expo itself with all of the fake boobs and roided-out guys(and girls), but overall it was nice to see some dedication.  Speaking of, here’s the best picture I could snag over the weekend:


 Oh, and I took this picture too…at the Arnold Fitness Expo, the biggest fitness convention in the U.S.  Please notice how there is literally a line forming to use the escalator going up, yet the stairs are basically empty…



-Osmosis

No comments:

Post a Comment